Have you ever had intense anxiety about going to the dentist? Have you had a lot of sensitivity and pain during dental appointments? Then sleep dentistry could be the answer!
Here’s why we’re passionate about sleep dentistry. Regular dental cleanings and exams can prevent more serious problems. If you get an infection in your teeth or gums, that bacteria can spread. Cracks in teeth can get worse and worse. Damaged or missing teeth can lead to malnourishment.
We do not want any of our patients to miss dental appointments out of fear. Sleep dentistry can make your appointment fly by, take away the pain, and make you feel comfortable and relaxed while you’re here. Sleep dentistry can be amazing for your overall health and peace of mind.
Do You Need Sleep Dentistry?
You might need sleep dentistry for any number of reasons. If you think you do, let us know! It’s fine to ask about it, and allow us to answer your questions. We have seen every dental situation and will never judge you for having dental anxiety.
Below are a few questions to ask yourself if you think you might need sleep dentistry:
- Have I ever avoided going to the dentist just because of fear?
- Have I been diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder?
- Am I resistant to local anesthesia?
- Have I experienced a large amount of pain during past dental appointments?
If you answered “yes” to even one of these questions, please talk to us about it! We’ll find a solution for you that will make you more comfortable with getting dental services.
The Types of Sleep Dentistry We Offer
We use two methods of making our patients feel better during exams and procedures:
- Oral Sedation: This simple type of sedation doesn’t involve any needles! All you do is take a pill before you come to your appointment. It’ll make you very calm and less focused on the procedure. Just be sure to get a ride home!
- Laughing Gas: Laughing gas has been used in dentistry for many years. You’ll breathe some in during your appointment, and it will make you feel comfortable and relaxed right away. Plus, it’ll leave your system immediately afterwards, so you can drive home or go to work without any other effects.
We want to help relieve your anxiety, so you can get the care you need! Talk to us about your anxiety before your appointment, so we can help.
Call and Ask about Sleep Dentistry
Don’t let anxiety take away the improved health and safety that comes with regular dental care. We’ll use all our knowledge, compassion, and technology to make you comfortable and happy at your dental appointment.
Call us and ask about sleep dentistry. We can make an appointment for you, discuss your needs, and do everything possible to help you be calm and relaxed. You can start with any level of dental services you’re comfortable with and stop whenever you wish.