We all want beautiful, straight teeth, but no one looks forward to the hassle and annoyance of metal braces. If just the thought of metal braces is preventing you from even discussing how to get straighter teeth with your dentist, you should know about Invisalign®!
What is Invisalign?
Odds are that you know someone who is using Invisalign – but you wouldn’t know it just by looking at them. Invisalign uses clear plastic trays to gradually move your teeth into their proper place, and you get a new tray every 2 weeks or so. These trays are close to invisible, and even those who know you use Invisalign won’t be able to tell when you are wearing a tray.
Here are some other things you should know:
1. Unlike metal braces, with Invisalign you can enjoy whatever food you would like. You don’t have to worry about food getting stuck in your braces or causing damage; when it is time to eat you simply take out your tray, then put it back when you’re done.
2. It is easier to take care of your teeth than it is with metal braces. Instead of maneuvering around wires and brackets to brush and floss, you just take out your tray.
3. They are much more comfortable than metal braces. You don’t have to deal with the pain of poking wires or brackets rubbing against your cheek, and you don’t have to deal with the discomfort of newly tightened braces.
4. Invisalign can be used to help with a variety of problems, such as an under or overbite, overcrowding, gaps, protruding teeth, and even some crossbites (when the upper teeth sit inside of lower teeth). Having straighter teeth is also better for the health of your jaw, and it can help to prevent jaw pain and problems.
5. Invisalign requires fewer trips to the dentist than metal braces do.
If you want to do something about crooked teeth but don’t want to deal with metal braces, Invisalign may just be the solution for you. Pacific Northwest Smiles for an Invisalign consultation. Call the office in Mill Creek, Washington, at 425-357-6400 today!